- Date PostedDecember 1, 2016
- Last PostedDecember 1, 2016
- CitySouthbridge, MA
- Country United States
- SalaryTo be discussed
Director and Assistant Director of Employment
Job Coaches are responsible for teaching a variety of work skills, in a variety of settings. Job Coaches must model good work ethics, including professionalism, reliability, honesty, punctuality and attention to detail. Job Coaches are an integral part of the Vocational Team and must be able to effectively share information about the individual’s skill acquisition, as well as issues related to job sites and other pertinent issues with the Vocational Team. Effective written and oral communication is essential. Typically Job Coaches are also assigned to van driving for the Transportation Department, therefore Job Coaches must be able to drive 15 Passenger and Wheel Chair Vans.
This is a high energy, on-the-go positions that requires excellent interpersonal skills and patience. The ability to work one-to-one with Program Member(s) on a daily basis is essential. The ability to walk or drive in all weather conditions is a requirement for the successful candidate. A Job Coach must be able to move freely and sit or stand for long periods. Lifting Requirement for this position is 30 pounds.
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required. Pre-Employment Drug Test and Physical is required. Daily use of a vehicle is required. Job Coaches may be required to use their own vehicle for travel, but may also need to use a company van or car. Some holiday are expected to be worked as needed.
Principal Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commute Program Members to and from job sites, either by vehicle or pedestrian transportation while keeping to the assigned schedule.
- Strictly follow Agency Policies as they relate to the transportation, supervision and general well-being of Program Members.
- Assist each Program Member in learning the skills necessary for a successful completion of his/her job. Step-by-step teaching techniques are often required. Typically teaching techniques include modeling the steps paired with verbal instruction.
- Document the activities and successful skill acquisition of program members using Task Analysis Sheets, Case notes, Data Sheets, Community Participation Logs and other tools as assigned. Documentation requirements may include sign in and sign out sheets.
- Interfacing with employees, customers and management in employment locations is essential. Ensure that his/her Employee/Employer relationships is a beneficial one by initiating or facilitating open communication.
- Address behavioral and attitudinal concerns on the job and provide role modeling to demonstrate appropriate social skills and control in the workplace.
The qualification listed below must support the essential functions and serve as the primary criteria for selecting candidates.
High School Graduate or GED AND Related Work/Personal History teaching skills or working with persons with disabilities.
- The qualified candidate must be a confident and outspoken advocate for Program Member’s Rights, Dignity and Respect in the Workplace.
- The qualified candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- The qualified candidate must demonstrate positive work habits including the ability to retain a job, punctuality, reliability and appropriate dress and appearance.
- To successfully obtain all necessary training as required. Training may include, but is not limited to: Defensive Driving, Agency Orientation, Safety Plan & Evacuation, Human Rights, Ethics, CPR & First Aid, etc.
- To adhere to Safety, Human Rights, Confidentiality Requirements (HIPPA) and Agency Ethics while pursuing the Agency Mission Statement through all aspects of community and agency involvement.
- The Employee may be asked to attend Committee or other Meetings as they pertain to the job.
- Other duties are expected to be performed as requested. The information listed above will be used to evaluate the Employee’s performance on an annual basis, as specified in the Personnel Policies.
If button below does not work, Print Job Application.